The annual Warren County Christmas Walk will look a little different this year.
The important thing, however, is that it’s happening this Friday, with a theme of ‘Good Will Towards All.’
From 5-7 p.m. in downtown Warren (Liberty St., Second Ave.), the Warren County Chamber of Business and Industry will be putting on a creative look to this year’s walk.
“It’s going to feel a little different, but we’re really excited to be able to provide something for the community,” said WCBBI Director of Chamber Operations and Tourism John Papalia. “This gives people a good, safe option to come downtown and celebrate the holiday season and have some community fun.”
VirgAnn Flowers, Allegheny Outfitters and other businesses will be open, and Papalia encouraged patrons, either walking or driving, to support those local businesses.
As far as the entertainment goes, there will be plenty.
“We encourage everyone to come down,” Papalia said. “There will be an outdoor movie screen that will be showing the shoe box parade from 5-7 p.m. and also on our Facebook page. McKissock will have their Grinch sighting in the Midtown parking lot. We encourage people to enter from Third Ave. and exit from Second Ave.”
There’s plenty more.
“Santa will be on the corner of Second Ave. and Liberty St,” noted Papalia. “He will be barricaded in, but people can wave and come say hi to him.”
Patrons are encouraged to follow Centers For Disease Control guidelines.
They are also encouraged to have fun.
“We really tried to be creative,” Papalia said. “The planning committee did an awesome job, and we’re thankful for each and every one of them for helping to make this happen.”
A full list of events from the Chambers are listed below.
• • •
- Liberty Street will be CLOSED to all traffic as of 3 PM. on Friday afternoon.
- Due to the rising concerns of COVID-19, there will be NO food or refreshments from vendors available during the walk. We are encouraging citizens to support our local downtown restaurant establishments. Please adhere to all current guidelines and regulations when you do so. Stay six feet apart when possible and wear a mask.
- For the McKissock Grinch Extravaganza, the Midtown lot will be a ONE WAY in and ONE WAY out for all traffic.
To ENTER the Midtown lot please use the 3rd Avenue entrance and EXIT on 2nd Avenue.
- At the corner of 2nd Avenue and Liberty Street, at 6:00 PM, see a special sighting of Santa! Drive by and waving is encouraged as children will NOT be permitted to sit on Santa’s lap. If you are walking on Liberty Street and wish to see Santa, please stay behind the necessary barricades.
– Remember that our shoe-box floats will be on display at the McKissock storefront windows, located on Liberty Street, the month of December! Shoe-box parade airs on Facebook at 5 PM the night of the walk.
– The illustrations from children of the Warren County School District, for our Christmas book, will be in the window display across from McKissock until Monday, December 7th. Be sure to check those out and watch Mrs. Claus read their story before the shoe-box parade airs on Facebook!
-Some vendors, such as Relay for Life, SADD, and the Warren County Christian School will still have booths set up the night of the walk. We encourage folks to stop by their booths while following all necessary guidelines.
– The Letters to Santa mailbox will be in the lobby of the PNC Bank Building, located at 300 2nd Avenue, the night of the Christmas walk. Children wishing to write their letter to Santa will have supplies and space provided by the Northern PA Regional College. NO postage is necessary. Please write names and return addresses clearly, if wishing for correspondence back!