After careful consideration, it has been determined that appointments will no longer be necessary at the Warren Public Library beginning Tuesday, April 6.
In-person service remains limited, however. We have been diligently planning for a reopening that adheres to guidance from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries and all local, state and national guidance, while also responsibly considering the safety of both patrons and staff. We will be monitoring local COVID-19 numbers and will remain open as long as those numbers remain stable.
Updated Hours as of Tuesday, April 6:
Monday: 10 AM – 1 PM
Tuesday: 1 PM – 4 PM
Wednesday: 1 PM – 4 PM
Thursday: 4 PM – 7 PM
Staff will be available to answer the phone – (814) 723-4650 – Monday-Friday from 10 AM – 4 PM. We’re also available by e-mail.
Please note: We will be adding and adjusting hours depending on staffing and local COVID-19 numbers. Please see our website, www.warrenlibrary.org, for the most up-to-date hours and information.
IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS REOPENING:
- The library will enforce a 15% occupancy limit. Please limit your stay to under an hour so that other patrons may enter the library to access our resources. (maximum of 35 people at a time)
- Use of face coverings and social distancing are required. Staff is already wearing face coverings at all times. Patrons will be expected to comply with the same precautions at all times within the library. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one for you. If you are unable to wear a mask, we will do our best to accommodate you without entry into the building. We have vulnerable staff and patrons and are committed to maintaining a safe environment for both.
- Please enter the library using the Midtown Parking lot doors. The doors located along Market Street will be used only for patrons exiting the building. A book drop will be located inside the Midtown lot entrance doors for patrons to return books while the library is open. (The Market Street book drop is available 24/7/365.)
- Please adhere to all protocols, time limits and posted signage.
- All library materials are being quarantined for 24 hours before they are checked in.
- The library is still not accepting material donations.
- Warren Public Library will be monitoring local COVID-19 rates. All information is subject to change in response to those numbers.
Please Note: If you or a member of your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, feel sick (even if your symptoms are mild), or have visited a COVID-19 hotspot within the past 14 days, please reschedule your visit for a later date. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming that you can access virtually 24/7. Masks and social distancing are still required even if you have had your COVID vaccine.
The reopening effort restores some of the services patrons enjoyed pre-pandemic, while following current mitigation efforts, including:
- Library card registrations, renewals and account services.
- All material collections on the first floor are available for browsing. A staff member will gladly retrieve any materials which may be located on our second floor.
- Computers are available. Click here to learn more about computer usage.
- Cleaning and hand sanitizing stations are available for patrons to use throughout their visit.
- Patrons are encouraged to return all items to our book drop located at our Market Street entrance. A mobile book drop will be available inside our doors during open hours only.
- Copy and scanning services are available in the Study Room on the first floor. Copies can be paid for at the front circulation counter.
- Interlibrary Loan.
Several services will remain unavailable:
- Our Reference Room remains closed. Please continue to call or email our Reference Department with questions.
- Meeting rooms and study areas.
- Games, toys, and puzzles.
- One-on-one patron assistance that cannot be accomplished while practicing social distancing.
- In-person programming and events. Online programming will continue. Please check out our Adult, Teen, and Children’s programming pages for more information.
- Basement and third floor restrooms.
- Water fountains.
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our front circulation desk to obtain computer access.
- Due to social distancing restrictions, computer use is self-help only. Patrons are encouraged to bring a helper from their household should they require assistance that cannot be completed from a 6-foot distance by staff.
- Due to limited hours and capacity: Patrons are limited to one, 60-minute computer visit per day.
- For your health and the health of others, please sanitize the computer area before and after use.
To help provide Internet access to as many residents as possible we have expanded the outdoor range of our free Wi-Fi. Please practice social distancing and be courteous to your fellow patrons when accessing the network.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Warren Public Library, in coordination with the Information Technology Disaster Resource Center (ITDRC) , is offering free boosted WiFi in the Municipal Parking Lot behind the Warren Public Library. Once you’re in the Municipal Lot, the WiFi connection can be found under the name “Homework Hub.” No password is necessary.
We also have a covered bench in front of the library along Market Street to pick up our public Wifi.