WARREN, Pa. – Though only a year old, the Snell Family Foundation is well on its way to achieving its goal of “bettering the Warren County community.”
To that end, the Foundation has announced that it is accepting applications for scholarships for the 2023 graduating class.
“We are proud to offer a number of scholarships to members of the graduating class of 2023,” the Foundation said in a release. “The scholarships are available to graduating seniors from any of the five (5) high schools in Warren County. Applicants receiving a scholarship may attend an undergraduate college, university, trade or vocational school. Academic excellence is not the top priority, all are encouraged to apply. Scholarships will be awarded regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or religion.”
The application deadline is April 25, 2023. The Foundation said all applications must include the following:
- A minimum of one brief recommendation letter from a current teacher.
- High School transcripts showing a 3-year cumulative grade point average.
- A brief statement about your previous or current work experiences.
- State any challenges you had to overcome.
- The college, university, trade, or vocational school you plan to attend.
- Please list anything that you are passionate about and why.
Applications should be mailed to:
The Snell Family Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
625 S. State Street
Warren, Pennsylvania 16365